"We are requesting the Town Council ratify the following individuals to be members of the newly formed Cultural District Committee:
- Christopher Brady for a three-year term to expire on June 30, 2020.
- Stacey David for a three-year term to expire on June 30, 2020.
- Robert DeRobertis for a two-year term to expire on June 30, 2019.
- John LoPresti for a two-year to expire on June 30, 2019.
- Philip Regan for a one-yeart erm to expire on June 30, 2018.
- Nancy Schoen for a one-year term to expire on June 30; 2018.
- Tyler Warren for a one-year term to expire on June 30, 20.18.
Please note all seats are three-year terms. These are the initial terms to introduce the staggered years of the committee for initial appointments. It's anticipated the one-year termed candidates will be
considered for reappointment in June 2018.
In June 2017, the Council approved Resolution 17-44 authorizing the creation of a Cultural District Committee (resolution, map and memo attached). Over the summer, the Town held an open application period for anyone in the community to apply. We received almost two dozen applications. Through the fall, Jeff and I met with each candidate in person. Suffice to say, choosing seven folks out of the group was very difficult given the passion, creativity and interest from all applicants.
Given the work the Committee will be doing moving forward, it was important to get a diverse set of skills and interests. Our recommendation includes backgrounds in arts and culture, media, marketing, public relations, downtown economic development and more.
As always, we are happy to answer any questions you may have."
Earlier this year, the Town Council approved this step
|Franklin Cultural Festival|